HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS AND COMPLETELY GUILT FREE SALAD
In addition to exercise, diet is also very essential. More often than not, it can be such an uphill task counting your calories and ensuring that you don’t go beyond your daily calorie requirements.
So here is a salad recipe that’s low carb, high protein and high fat and is both keto and low carb diet compliant.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET STARTED (2 SERVINGS)
- LETTUCE: a hand full of lettuce
- TOMATOES: one medium sized tomato will be okay
- CUCUMBER: one cucumber
- CARROTS: 1 big carrot or 2 medium sized carrots
- BEANS: one table spoon of plain cooked beans (no oil or seasoning)
- EGGS: 2 eggs
- SPRING ONIONS: one table spoon of chopped spring onions
- MAYONNAISE: 2 table spoons
- VINEGAR: 2 table spoons
HOW TO PREPARE
- Ensure to wash all your vegetables thoroughly
- Shred the lettuce leaves with your hands and place in your bowl
- Chop, dice, slice, or grate the carrots, it’s your choice
- Slice the tomatoes as well as the cucumbers and throw them in the mix
- Chop a very little quantity of the spring onions. You could leave out the spring onions entirely if you’re not really a fan of onions. There is no hard and fast rule to making this salad
- If you do choose to use spring onions, its best to soak with 2 spoons of vinegar in a separate bowl to reduce the hard taste of the raw onions.
- Boil your eggs, make sure they’re hard boiled
- Add 1 table spoon of beans
- Take the spring onions out of the vinegar and mix with the rest of the salad. Keep the bowl of vinegar aside, it’ll come in handy when making the dressing
- Add 2 spoons of mayonnaise in to the bowl of vinegar and stir
- Pour the dressing in to the salad and toss it all together
- Slice your eggs and serve with your salad
Keep in mind that there’s no hard and fast rule to making this salad. You could experiment with chicken cuts, cold cuts, pepper, sweet corn, cabbage, and green peas… whatever flavors you feel the need to try.
You could serve with tiger nuts milk, coconut milk or just water, whatever makes you happy.