Many of us find it quite difficult to lose weight no matter how much we workout. Some of us don’t even workout at all. Well the fact that you’re here means you’re planning to change that.
Losing weight is not an easy thing at all. It takes great determination, consistency, belief, and effort, whatever term you could use that supports all that. Really it’s no mean feat to lose weight at all.
The first thing you have to work on is your mindset. If you already know how much you want it and believe that you can achieve it then that’s already hurdle passed. Also, like I always say, don’t use other people’s losses or gains to measure yours. Bodies are different and work differently.
The various exercises which can help you through your weight loss journey are listed below with steps on how they can be performed
This is a full body workout. It helps raise the heart rate, builds strength and endurance and helps burn a lot of fat. This really is no easy workout. Perform as many reps as you can and always take breaks if needed. Ill prepare an article talking extensively on this soon. These are the steps:
- Stand with your feet shoulder weight apart, weight in your heels and arms at your side
- Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body in to a squat
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of, and just inside your feet. Shift your weight onto them
- Jump feet back to land softly on the balls on your feet in a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from head to heels. Don’t let your back sag or your butt hang in the air
- Jump your feet back so they land just outside of your hands
- Reach arms over head and explosively jump up in to the air
- Land and lower back immediately in to a squat for the next rep
Squats are ideal exercises for weight loss. This is because they produce an increase in muscle mass of muscles in the lower body. This results in faster metabolism which helps burn calories. Steps:
- Stand with feet apart directly under your hips while placing hands on your hips
- Tighten stomach muscles. Standing up tall, put shoulders back, lift your chest, and pull in abdominal muscles
- Lower down as if sitting. Bend knees while keeping your upper body as straight as possible, as if you were lowering on to a seat behind you. Go as far as you can without leaning upper body more than a few inches forward. Don’t let go too forward to the extent that they stick past your toes
- Straighten legs being careful not to lock knees when reaching standing position
- Repeat the movement as many times as you deem necessary
Although push-ups are designed for building muscles, in the process of doing pushups our body burns a lot of calories which helps us lose weight. It’s really quite simple to perform. Steps include:
- Get down on all fours. Keep your back flat in order to stay in a straight line instead of pushing your butt out like a few people do
- With your back flat and head aligned with your body , lower yourself till you’re almost touching the ground while maintaining a straight back
- Push back to the starting position and repeat this for as many reps as you want
These target and help build muscles in the lower body. Lunges combined with workouts that train the body all round can greatly contribute to total body fat loss. Steps include:
- Take a step forward with one leg and lower your hips till your both knees are bent at about 90 degrees
- Ensure that the front knee is directly over your ankle.do not push it out too far
- Ensure that the other knee doesn’t touch the floor
- Keep all the weight in your heels as you push back up to starting position
- Repeat these with the other leg. Do as many reps as you feel necessary
These aid weight loss when combined with a comprehensive exercise routine and a healthy diet. They help strengthen muscles which lie beneath excess fat. Steps:
- lie on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip width apart
- Place your hands behind your head and hold your elbows outwards to the sides. make sure not to lock your fingers
- Curl up and forward so your head, neck and shoulder blades lift off the floor.
- Maintain that position for some time and then return back to starting position
With a lot of consistency, these exercises carried out properly with a good workout plan, will surely give you your desired result.
Working out with friends will be a very good way to ensure that you stay motivated and also have fun while working out. Ensure to maintain a good diet and include cardio in your workout plan to ensure you’re achieving your objective of losing all that fat and becoming the fit person you want to be.
I’m sure this article has been of help to you.