- Belly fat storage and control
- Importance of exercise for losing belly fat
- Who should be worried about losing belly fat?
- What should one do to lose belly fat?
- Why should one lose belly fat?
- How are these exercises for losing belly fat carried out?
BY THE END OF THIS ARTICLE YOU SHOULD
- Be able to tell the causes of excess belly fat
- Tell the consequences of excess belly fat and ways to control it
- Know the various exercises for targeting belly
We have to admit that excessive belly fat makes one look out of shape and makes clothes unnecessarily tight bringing the realization that one hasn’t hit the gym in a while, maybe a long while. Some of us maybe hit the gym frequently but still don’t get requires results this would be because our diet isn’t going in line with our workout, both should go hand in hand for perfect results to be achieved.
Fat stored in the belly area is known as visceral fat which when stored in excess is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart diseases and hypertension, just to name a few. Having difficulty in climbing stairs or jogging are symptoms of accumulation of visceral fat and this should be taken care of as soon as possible.
How can this be done? Simple!
- Resting and
- Stress control are the various ways to reduce or control the presence of belly fat. Not so simple actually, but with determination and dedication this can be achieved.
Another thing about belly fat is its not something that’s isolated to fat people, slim people too can carry excess belly fat. The causes include
- Excessive alcohol in take
- Too much sugary foods
- Inactivity, just to name a few. If these can be controlled, you’re sure to lose all that belly fat in no time.
I’ll be focusing on exercise for this article as this is the major and most effective way to deal with belly fat, although these four are meant to be observed simultaneously to achieve maximum result, not all of us have the luxury to do them all together as a result of lack of time, stressful office work or school work which we can’t quit and so on.
Exercise though, cant be foregone and must be carried out even if the rest wouldn’t, exercise and diet are most important.
Exercise is very essential in losing belly fat because it targets and burns the excess fat present in the belly depending on the intensity of the exercise done. These exercises include:
– CRUNCHES: This is the major exercise for targeting and burning belly fat. The variations include:
- Twist crunches
- Side crunch
- Reverse crunches and so on
– PLANKING: This is another very effective way of burning belly fat. It involves placing forearms on the ground with elbows aligned below the shoulders, and arms parallel to the body at shoulder width distance
– CARDIO EXERCISES: These include cycling, jogging, walking, running, and swimming. They help burn fat all around the body, working on all parts of the body all at once. These are very effective for losing belly fat. You could switch between running, jogging, walking, cycling, and swimming, as it suits you.
With all these tips you should have a good knowledge on belly fat, causes, consequences and how to get rid of it. I really hope this article has helped.
Don’t forget to leave a like, your comments, share, and follow us on any of the social media platforms